Evaporative air conditioning product range and specifications
Paradigm Evaporative Air Conditioning
Introducing a revolutionary concept in residential cooling - the Paradigm evaporative air conditioning system from Braemar. Seeley International spent more than three years researching and developing the Braemar Paradigm - a shift in cool air delivery technology.
Drawing on over sixty years of experience in climate control, Braemar has designed its Paradigm around one of nature's fundamental principles - evaporation.
The result is sheer cooling genius.
The secret of the Paradigm is simple: fresh, cool air, and lots of it.
LCB Paradigm Series Specifications
|MODEL||WIDTH (MM)||DEPTH (MM)||HEIGHT (MM)||OPERATING WEIGHT (KG)||COOLING POWER (KW*)|
As Braemar strives for continuous product improvement these specifications are subject to change without notice. Evaporative cooling performance is affected when high humidity conditions exist. Don't be misled; ensure your cooler has been tested for actual performance in accordance with AS 2913-2000.
*The "Rated Cooling Performance" defines the cooling capacity of evaporative air conditioners under standardised conditions. The conditions specified include: Inlet dry-bulb temperature 38C, Inlet wet-bulb temperature 21C, and comfort dry-bulb temperature 27.4C, all measured with a system static pressure of 80Pa, in accordance with Australian Standard AS2913-2000.
How does evaporative air conditioning work?
Ever wondered why you feel cooler by the ocean or a river? You feel cooler because as hot air blows across the water, it causes some of the water to evaporate and absorb the heat. The air is cooled by this evaporation process and so becomes a “sea” breeze.
A Braemar evaporative air conditioner works the same way. Hot air enters the cooling unit on your roof where it is filtered and cooled as it passes through specially designed moistened Chillcel® pads. A fan then blows this beautifully cooled air throughout your home.
Hot air in the house is forced out through open windows and doors providing your entire home with a complete change of air at least every two minutes.
Why evaporative air conditioning?
- Delivers 100% fresh air
- Windows and doors can be left open
- Greatly reduces costs of staying cool
- Enables lower purchase and installation costs
- Guarantees fresh, natural, healthy “lifestyle” cooling
- Allergy free, asthma-safe environment*
- Replaces all of the air approximately every two minutes
- Ensures full ventilation – drives out odours and stale air
- Never dries out the eyes and skin, or even indoor plants
Evaporative cooling is a totally natural process filling your home with 100% fresh air – there couldn’t be a healthier choice. Unlike refrigerated systems that can circulate stale recycled air, Braemar’s Chillcel pads filter and clean the air which is not only great for general health and well being, but it is the ideal choice for allergy and asthmatic sufferers.*
By pumping fresh, cool air into your house and pushing hot, stale air out, Braemar evaporative cooling also operates as a ventilation system. Kitchen odours or stale air can be quickly and easily expelled from the home by turning the unit on or operating it in fan only mode.
Evaporative air conditioning features and benefits
- Tornado Pump - Braemar’s custom designed Tornado water pump provides exceptional reliability in the most extreme conditions.
- Stealth Fan - Braemar’s state of the art, Stealth fan is super quiet in operation and ensures a constant, even whisper of air through the Chillcel pads. The advanced aerodynamic design uses only a small amount of energy to produce a constant, cool, quiet, welcoming breeze.
- Chillcel pads - Made from a special cellulose material, these long-life pads were independently tested to help establish maximum saturation levels and therefore, maximum cooling efficiency. The pads are essentially self-cleaning. Dust and pollen is captured on the pads and washed away into the sump below by the flow of water.
- Free flow water distributor - A world patented water distribution system delivers continuous, even water coverage to the Chillcel pads, ensuring maximum cooling effect continues throughout the long, hot, summer days and nights.
- AUTO Winterseal - This Braemar feature makes life so much easier. Whenever the system is not in use, the AUTOWinterseal automatically closes off the air conditioning ducts. This prevents dust and unpleasant odours from entering the house, while preventing cold draughts and heat loss in winter.
- Automatic drain valve - Your Braemar system doesn’t require seasonal maintenance* at the beginning and end of each season because your unit is fitted with an automatic drain valve. This specially programmed valve keeps your cooling system clean and operating at maximum efficiency, while using the minimum amount of water. When your system is not in use, the valve automatically empties the reservoir, leaving it clean and dry. *Seasonal maintenance is the time consuming routine required by some other units. Ask your dealer for a complete run down. Seasonal maintenance does not replace regular maintenance of the unit as required for peak performance.
- Totally enclosed tropic proof motor - The Braemar air conditioner is second-to-none in design and manufacture. As the heart of the unit, the totally enclosed tropic proof motor has been put through rigorous performance tests to ensure longer term performance and incredible reliability. Being variable speed, the motor gives you maximum control over your family’s comfort level at all times
- Water Manager system - This unique feature keeps the system clean and ensures you save precious water by minimising water loss through dumping. This is achieved by constantly measuring the salinity of water in the tank and dumping it only when necessary, to ensure clean and efficient operation. This means you will not waste water like other evaporative systems, and you can save over 9,000 litres compared to a basic bleed system. This will save you lots of money as well as water.